Tuesday 10 January 2012

2012 Projects

It's looking like 2012 will be a busy but rewarding and enjoyable year for me :) In 3 weeks time I will be leaving the UK for a month or so to partake in a birding/conservation/photography trip to Nepal.

I shall also be visiting Sri Lanka again at some point, the business is up and running and the website should be live in the next few days http://www.sltourpal.com/, from the website you will be able to make enquiries, meet the team, and see all about what Sri Lanka has to offer! I did some of the written work for the site as well as providing the photographs - a task I enjoyed very much!

During the year I will hopefully also be involved in other projects that have been offered to me - one is working in Rajastan, at a eco lodge in Ranthambore National Park, which will involve staff training in hospitality etiquette and spoken English and also Tiger conservation work :)

Another exciting project is based in Chennai in the Tamil Nadu district of India- this will involve working in conservation projects within the education systems , teaching conservation awareness and with government funding, teaching children/young people the basics of photography(with a conservation/wildlife theme) so that they may take on board (and capture) the wonders of nature and so thus lay a foundation for them to take an active interest in these vital areas. All very worthwhile and productive and I will be proud to be part of it :)

I have also been offered the chance to work with the forest guards/NGO's in Gujurat too at some point :)

I should also be visiting Panama on a working trip around October time. It was to have taken place in March but has been put on hold for a while. This will also be a fantastic trip Im sure!!

Bring it on................Im ready :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment